Effective Date: January 19, 2019
Msinfoworld values data privacy and follows best practises in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations, such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
- THIRD-PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
- DO NOT TRACK
- YOUR CONTROLS
- GDPR PRIVACY
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- HOW TO CONTACT US
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide when you use our Services or otherwise engage or communicate with us as described below:
- Identity Data, such as your first name and last name, date of birth
- Contact Data, such as your email address, mailing address, and telephone number
- Profile Data, such as your username, your knowledge assessment results, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses
- Additional Data You Provide, such as via contact form fill, survey responses, customer support, or other means
Information We Collect Automatically
We acquire certain information about you automatically when you use our Services, as described below:
- Usage Information.We collect information about your activity on our Services, which includes device identifiers (like IP address or mobile device identifiers), pages or features you use, time and date of access, and other similar usage information.
- Contact Information.When you receive, submit, or complete a form placed on website, we collect contact information such as name, email and contact number.
- Information Collected Through Tracking Technologies.We and our service providers also use technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to automatically collect certain types of usage and device information when you use our Services or interact with our emails. The information collected through these technologies includes your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique device or account ID, usage information and other similar information. For information about how to disable cookies, please see the Your Controls section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources as described below:
- Vendors and Business Partners.We collect information about you from companies that we do business with, such as name, contact data, inferences about your preferences and attributes.
- Publicly Available Data includes contact information,your interactions with our social media platforms, and other information from publicly available sources, such as public website LinkedIn and other such portals.
- Advertising Data.We collect information in connection with our ad campaigns that surfaced on other platforms, such as the ads you clicked on and other interactions with our ads.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for purposes described below or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection:
- Maintain and provide the Services,including to process account applications, repair our Services, and handle account management
- Send you transactional or relationship information,including confirmations, blogs, whitepapers, eBooks, articles, emails, customer support responses, etc
- Communicate with you about offers and other things we think you will be interested in,such as newsletters, product announcements, surveys, contests, events or announcements
- Personalize our Services,such as by suggesting content or customizing content or ads we show you
- Monitor and improve our Services,including analyzing usage, research and development
- Help protect the safety and security of our Services, business, and users,such as to investigate and help prevent fraud or other unlawful activity
- Protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims,including to enforce and carry out contracts and agreements; and
- Comply with applicable laws and legal obligations,such as compliance obligations associated with being a regulated broker-dealer
DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
We are dedicated to retaining your trust, and we want you to know when and with whom we share information about you. We share information about you in the following instances:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers.We share information about you with third-party vendors and service providers who perform services for us, such as, advertising, mailing services, web hosting, and analytics services.
- With Business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Substantial corporate transactions.We may share information about you in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, a merger, consolidation, reorganization, financing, change in control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by a third party, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- Legal purposes.We disclose information about you if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process or to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Msinfoworld, our users, or the public.
- With your consent.We share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you with your consent.
We share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.
THIRD-PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We use third-party advertising and analytics services to better understand your online activity and serve you targeted advertisements. For example, we use Google Analytics and you can review the “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” linked here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for information about how Google processes the information it collects. These companies collect information about your use of our Services and other websites and online services over time through cookies, device identifiers, or other tracking technologies. The information collected includes your IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent, links clicked, and conversion information. We and our third-party partners use this information to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of content, and deliver advertisements targeted to your interests on our Services and other platforms, as well as to provide advertising-related services to us such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
For more information about interest-based ads, including to learn about options for opting out of having your web browsing information used for targeted advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices . You should also review your mobile device settings and controls for features that allow you to opt out or opt in to having certain information collected for behavioural advertising purposes.
DO NOT TRACK
Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. We currently don’t take action in response to these signals.
Access to your device data. You may disconnect our mobile app’s access to certain stored device information through your device’s settings. For instance, you can withdraw permission for the app to access your contact list or photo gallery.
How to control your communications preferences. You can stop receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in those emails. We may still send you service-related or other non-promotional communications, such as account notifications, receipts, security notices and other transactional or relationship messages.
Affiliate sharing opt out. In some cases, you can limit sharing between Msinfoworld affiliates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your request in this regards.
Disabling certain data sharing. You can limit how we share your data with our marketing partners to more effectively market our services to you across sites and apps. When disabled, we will no longer share personal information with these partners for these purposes.
Cookie controls. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies and similar tracking technologies by default. If you prefer, you can set your zrowser to delete or reject these technologies. If you choose to delete or reject these technologies, this could affect certain features of our services. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers, or delete the opt-out cookies that contain your preferences, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent:You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract:Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations:Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests:Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests:Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests:Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data.The ability to see, edit, or delete the information we have on file for You. You can request us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to access, update, or delete of your personal data whenever needed. This also allows you to obtain a copy of the personal data we have on file for You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You.You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data.This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data.You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data.We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw Your consent.You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, We may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the service.
EXERCISING OF YOUR GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
To know more about our GDPR Policy, refer to our GDPR Policy section on website.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This section contains more information on the personal information we gather about California residents and their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We do not sell your personal information to other parties. We do allow third parties to acquire information through our Services in order to assist Msinfoworld in delivering advertising and marketing on other platforms. Please see the “Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising” section above for more details, including choices available to you. In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information subject to the CCPA: identifiers (such as email address and IP address), approximate geolocation information, Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history and related usage data), and inferences from your interactions with our platform. For more details about the information we collect and the categories of sources of this information, please see the “Information We Collect and How We Collect It” section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the “Disclosures of Information” section above.
California residents may request access to certain personal information pursuant to the CCPA through a consumer rights request. We may ask you to supply information that matches information we have on file about you in order to verify the request. You may also appoint an authorised agent to act on your behalf, but we will want verification that the individual is allowed to act on your behalf and may still require you to verify your identification with us directly..
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
- The right to notice.You must be properly notified which categories of personal data are being collected and the purposes for which the personal data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request.The CCPA permits you to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of your personal data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data.You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell your personal data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
- The right to know about Your Personal Data.You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of personal data collected
- The sources from which the personal data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal data
- Categories of third parties with whom we share personal data
- The specific pieces of personal data we collected about You
- The right to delete Personal Data.You also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against.You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your Consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
EXERCISING YOUR CCPA DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you can email or call us or visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the Service that “sells” personal information as defined by the CCPA law.
If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our Service Providers by following our instructions presented on the service:
- From Our “Cookie Consent” notice banner
- Or from Our “CCPA Opt-out” notice banner, if present
- Or from Our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” notice banner, if present
- Or from Our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link, if present
The opt out will place a cookie on your computer that is unique to the browser you use to opt out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by your browser, you will need to opt out again.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
- “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
- “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on these Services. In the event we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US